Monday, May 21, 2012

May 7th



So I decided to try growing some bean sprouts using a tutorial I found on youtube, which I won't post because the woman in it was horribly annoying. But basically what you do is get some of the mung beans you are going to sprout, a jar with the round screw top rim, and a piece of cheese cloth (or a piece of a nylon, a sheet, etc. as long as its clean). You put your beans in the jar with four times as much water, put the scrap of whatever over top and screw the lid on around it. Then lit it sit by your kitchen sink (for humidity) for 24 hours. After 24 hours you drain the water out and leave it upside down to make sure all of the water drains out. Every 24 hours you rinse the beans and leave it upside down. You do it for about 4-7 days until your sprouts are long enough to eat. So anyways I hope mine work. I'm told you have to make sure they stay clean cause they can easily get contaminated with bacteria and you won't be able to eat them.



We didn't do much else today. I worked at night so Chris and I just settled into bed after that to watch Stargate (our favorite show which we won't be able to watch on Netflix anymore because of how much our internet has gone up - thanks Bell...), and eat Mini Eggs. Yumm.

No comments:

Post a Comment