Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 13th

Mother's Day :) ...

I found this picture while cleaning out a box in the basement and put it in my card to my mom. How ahead of the times was I? Leggings as pants and red shoelaces? Haha. I also gave her a book called The Secret Garden, we used to watch the movie a lot when I was a kid, it's a very sweet story about a little girl.


My mom and I spent the day at the Almonte flea market. I got these cute little earrings for 50 cents :)


I also found this Sushi cook book. It tells you everything you could want to know about making sushi and what types of ingredients to use. I'm very excited to start making some!


Also... my cousin made his family a salad for mother's day... which happened to contain raw fiddleheads... big mistake. Apparently fiddleheads can contain foodborne illnesses and you have to always cook them carefully, never eat them raw! Everyone who ate the salad got violently ill for a day or so. Luckily my other cousin's wife who is like more than 8 months pregnant just happened to go somewhere else for mother's day! This page on the Health Canada site talks about how to clean and cook fiddleheads to make sure they are safe to eat. Just thought I'd share that with as many people as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment