Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Hearty Breakfast...

The holidays are over, the Christmas lights are being taken down, the "Happy New Year" greetings are getting fewer, but for some reason I'm still in holiday mode. I still want to do all sorts of baking and decorating and wrapping and get that holiday feeling. So of course I thought, what's next? Valentine's day! I got online and looked up all sorts of ideas that I will probably never get around to making for my boyfriend. So I decided to share with you the perfect Valentine's day breakfast...


This amazing cream cheese and strawberry stuffed french toast is from Tasty Kitchen. Needless to say anyone who makes this for me can surely be my Valentine. Basically cream cheese, jam and strawberries are mixed together and stuffed into a pocket of french toast, then covered in strawberries and icing sugar. Mmmmm.


This little heart-boiled egg tutorial came from Pinterest but had no link with it. I have wanted to make these all year so I'm really excited to try it out. I hope they're as easy as they look!


This adorable heart shaped egg n' toast from Tara Dennis is so simple and adorable. Cut a heart out of your bread with a heart shaped cookie cutter (I just got one from HomeSense for $1.50!) or using a template or free-hand, then fry one side in butter, flip over and crack and egg into the middle and let them fry. I think I'll be making these often...


The Paper Mama on twitter made these lovely bacon shaped hearts and I can't wait to try them myself. Nothing says "I love you" quite like bacon [hearts]!


More Design Please posted these heart shaped doodle pancakes and I just got a new decorating set at a boxing day sale so the bottles will be perfect for trying these out. You could make so many different things with this and I don't really like pancakes that much so I might as well have fun with them.


And... saving the best for last... these Sweeties Pies from The Farm Chicks have been making me drool for months. I don't know why I'm even putting them off because all you have to do is cut out hearts from pie crust dough, put a little jam between two, press down the sides with a fork, bake and sprinkle with icing sugar. Mmmm... jam counts as breakfast right?

I can't wait to make some of these for Chris. I'd love to see some more ideas if you have any!

No comments:

Post a Comment