Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pansies and Violas

We got a seeds catalogue in the mail and I've been reading it at the kitchen table at just about every meal this week. All the pictures of beautiful flowers and fresh vegetables make me wish I wasn't stuck in Ottawa... where everything is covered in cold layers of death - a.k.a. snow. I couldn't help but go searching for anything to do with pansies and violas because I just love how cute they are, not to mention that they are edible flowers so what more could you ask for. So I'm devoting this post to them :)


I found these desserts on Exploits of a Vegan Wannabe and I love them. Can't say I'd eat the ones in the ice cream but I'd definitely make the ice cubes.


StoneGable made these sweet pansy shortbread cookies. The cookies themselves are simple enough, then you just press an eggwashed flower on, sprinkle with sugar and bake for 5 minutes. I love it.


I've seen lots of cupcakes with pansies on top but these ones from Joanne Casey are my favorite. The flowers are a beautiful color. If I can find some organic pansies or violas somewhere I will definitely try a few of these ideas for Valentine's day.

And here are some beautiful pansies and violas that I couldn't help wanting to post :)

Source: HGTV

Source: VintageRoseBrocante

Source: LadyLimoges

Source: BeautyInEverything


Oh! And I forgot about these pansy sugar decorations I found at BakersBlingShop on Etsy. I want to buy them but there are so many things I want from the shop that I haven't had time to decide which to get yet haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment